Awards Ceremony For Sailors
ELY Sailing Club s Niall Pearcey, welcomed Commodores from the Cam and Hunts Sailing Clubs to the annual Laying Up Supper and prize giving ceremony this week. The event was held for the first time at The Maltings Restaurant in Ely with more than 60 member
ELY Sailing Club's Niall Pearcey, welcomed Commodores from the Cam and Hunts Sailing Clubs to the annual Laying Up Supper and prize giving ceremony this week.
The event was held for the first time at The Maltings Restaurant in Ely with more than 60 members in the running for awards.
After the traditional Laying Up Supper, Commodore Pearcey gave an informative resume of the past year's results and events with all the successes of the club recounted.
He thanked everyone who helped make the club a success and reminded club members that Clare Christan was due to receive an award from the RYA in London on November 19 in recognition of the 11 years of service she had given to coaching.
You may also want to watch:
To end the evening, the Commodore assisted by Jill Sallis, read out the prize winners, who received their trophies from his wife Kathy.
- 1 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 2 'I feel alive for the first time': Slimmer lost half his body weight in lockdown
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 6 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 7 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 8 Matt’s 46-day charity cycle from Burwell to Istanbul raises over £2,000
- 9 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
Enterprise Lincoln Cup and the Enterprise Kempton Bowl: Kevin Bilham.
Solo Salver: Niall Pearcey.
Laser Cup: Andy Wilcox.
Spring Tankard: Niall Pearcey
Summer Tankard: Simon Leeks.
August Tankard: Simon Leeks
Autumn Tankard: Niall Pearcey
Autumn Cadet Prize: Jack Knight
Thurmott Shield: Kevin Bilham
Norman Brettell Cup: Jack Knight
Thursday Evening Handicap Shield: Jack Knight
Easter Egg Trophy: Alex Tory and Simon Leeks.
Camweld Trophy: John and Mollie Wells.
Whitsun Cup: Niall Pearcey.
Ladies Plate: Hannah Wilcox.
Bob Utteridge Trophy: John and Julie Wells.
Roswell Monster: Simon Leeks.
Baby Monster for crewing: Charlie Burrell.
George Washington Trophy: Kevin Bilham and Charlie Burrell
Jamie Butcher Memorial Trophy: Alex Tory.
Trophies awarded by the Committee
Dr K.S. Maurice Smith Trophy: Mollie Wells
Ships Wheel: Phil Hardy
Junior Ships Wheel: Scott Bilham.
Ernie Wootton Trophy: Andy Wilcox.
Queen Duck: Suzie Sallis.
Travellers Trophy: Kevin Bilham.
Youngster Jack Knight with two of his awards. Photo: SUPPLIED.
Suzie Sallis with her Queen Duck award. Photo: SUPPLIED.