Award for ace student Georgia
INTREPID sports student Georgia Arnold ended her academic year on a high by picking up awards for student of the year and netball manager of the year.
The Haddenham teenager is studying sports and uniformed services at Cambridge Regional College and impressed her tutors so much during her first year of study that they decided to honour her achievements with a special award.
Georgia was also recognised for her excellent work with the college netball team, with whom she has also enjoyed a successful year.
Seventeen-year-old Georgia’s mum Gail, said: “She was surprised and delighted to have won the awards because she didn’t even know that they did them.
“She loves college and her tutors and she really enjoys volunteering for everything that they offer, we are very proud.”
During her first exhausting year of college, Georgia has already taken on skiiing in Bulgaria and a racket sports trip to Spain as well as a stint volunteering with children in Morocco.
She has also found time to play netball for her college as well as represent Cambridgeshire cadets in netball, football, dodgeball and hockey.
- 1 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 2 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 3 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 4 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 5 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 6 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 7 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
- 8 ‘It’s been like this for 11 months’ - woman’s assisted refuse collection failure
- 9 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 10 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
Georgia has also excelled in her studies, with distinction grades across the board throughout her first year on the course.