Award for ace student Georgia
INTREPID sports student Georgia Arnold ended her academic year on a high by picking up awards for student of the year and netball manager of the year.
The Haddenham teenager is studying sports and uniformed services at Cambridge Regional College and impressed her tutors so much during her first year of study that they decided to honour her achievements with a special award.
Georgia was also recognised for her excellent work with the college netball team, with whom she has also enjoyed a successful year.
Seventeen-year-old Georgia’s mum Gail, said: “She was surprised and delighted to have won the awards because she didn’t even know that they did them.
“She loves college and her tutors and she really enjoys volunteering for everything that they offer, we are very proud.”
You may also want to watch:
During her first exhausting year of college, Georgia has already taken on skiiing in Bulgaria and a racket sports trip to Spain as well as a stint volunteering with children in Morocco.
She has also found time to play netball for her college as well as represent Cambridgeshire cadets in netball, football, dodgeball and hockey.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 10 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
Georgia has also excelled in her studies, with distinction grades across the board throughout her first year on the course.