Athletics Starlets Put In Stellar Performance.
THE rising stars of the East Cambs Athletics Club got off to a flying start last week as they took to the track for their competitive debut. The club, which was only launched last September, recently entered two combined indoor athletics competitions and
THE rising stars of the East Cambs Athletics Club got off to a flying start last week as they took to the track for their competitive debut.
The club, which was only launched last September, recently entered two combined indoor athletics competitions and did well enough to secure fifth place out of 15 entrants overall, with the under 11 girls team doing particularly well as they finished second in their category.
Other stand-out performances on the day came from William Harris, Alice Harris, Georgie Baynes, Emma Heath, Millie Oddie, Emily Orme, India Baynes and River McCarthy who all managed to finish first or in the top six in one or more of their events.
Coach James Brennand, was delighted with the young athletes, "It's really encouraging. They are all really enthusiastic and hopefully in the summer term we will be able to cope with greater numbers outdoors."
You may also want to watch:
The club, which hosts 50 budding athletes, meets at the King's School Sports Hall every week with youngsters coming from across the district to take part in the hour-long sessions.
Anyone interested in more details about the club should contact James Brennand on 07919945051.
- 1 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 2 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 3 Man found dead in March
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 10 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public