Annual Ladies Race Takes Place at Ely Sailing Club
THIS was a busy weekend at the Ely Sailing Club. On Saturday the annual Ladies Race took place in light winds on a dull wet day. The racing was very fiercely competitive and the series was won by Alayne Sallis, beating both her sister Suzie and her Mum
THIS was a busy weekend at the Ely Sailing Club.
On Saturday the annual Ladies Race took place in light winds on a dull wet day. The racing was very fiercely competitive and the series was won by Alayne Sallis, beating both her sister Suzie and her Mum Jill Sallis. Jill was in a boat for the first time in two years and was crewing for Clare Christian in the Club's new Wayfarer.
The Partners race was won by Clare and Eric Christian, beating Gary and Liz Ungless.
Sunday saw a perfect bright, sunny and windy day for the racing in the afternoon and RYA exams in the morning. Six members were taking an RYA instructor's exam after many weeks of training. They all passed and this will be a great help to the Club's training program.
You may also want to watch:
The afternoon saw great racing conditions and close racing with the honours shared. Alan White won the first race and the next Solo class race but was out manoeuvred at the first mark by Steve Mair who took the final class race. John Wells easily took the handicap win in that final race as Eric Christain and Steve Mair battled for position behind him.
Pic cap: The annual ladies race took place at Ely Sailing Club on Saturday.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident