Anna in action as Eastern Counties thump Essex
- Credit: Archant
Rugby Ely College graduate Anna Goddard was in action as the Eastern Counties under 18 girls’ team defeated Essex, 53-7.
Goddard, 16, who plays at scrum half, helped the team from the East into a 15-7 lead at half-time as Essex put up determined resistance.
But, in the second half, the East ran away with it, securing an emphatic win thanks to
Four tries from Catherine Burton, and two from Sophia John and Laura Westlake. Zoe Goate landed four conversions.
After graduating from Ely College, Goddard took up a rugby scholarship at Hartpury College, in Gloucester.
You may also want to watch:
There are only eight colleges in the country that offer this scholarship and only 10 places at each college are available.
Anna has played rugby from a young age and progressed through the minis and girls sections at Newmarket Rugby Club. She has also played for Eastern Counties under 15 girls, and currently the under 18 girls.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 7 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues