Amie skates her way to British championship and will represent Team GB in October
- Credit: Archant
A Littleport skater is to represent Great Britain after winning a national championship.
Amie Bowen, who goes to Littleport Community Primary School, competed at the British Rollerskating Championships held in Kettering on Saturday 23 and Sunday 24 June.
As well as taking first place in the free skating contest (which includes jumps and spins) on the Sunday, Amie placed third in the figure skating round the previous day.
It means Aime is once again British champion in free skating for the 12-13 age category.
She also came first place with her combined score from the two competitions.
You may also want to watch:
Anna Cameron, physical education leader at the school, said: “We are immensely proud of Amie and this is a huge achievement.
She is talented at many sports but this really tops everything as Littleport will be representing Team GB for the European Championship in October.”
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 9 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 10 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
Her coach said the success has set Aime off on an excellent start and that they have high hopes for her future.