Alex steals the show
THERE were gusty conditions at Roswell Pits, on Sunday, but all the Ely Sailing Club helms managed to remain upright. Alex Tory put in the outstanding performance of the day as he won all his races. John Cant, who has just spent a week at Plymouth contend
THERE were gusty conditions at Roswell Pits, on Sunday, but all the Ely Sailing Club helms managed to remain upright.
Alex Tory put in the outstanding performance of the day as he won all his races.
John Cant, who has just spent a week at Plymouth contending with strong winds and waves, took line honours in the second handicap race but was second to Alex on corrected time.
John joined Martin Mills in the Cambridgeshire Schools team but they were unable to complete a county hat-trick after finishing third in the National Schools Championships.
You may also want to watch:
Results - First handicap race (9 boats): 1 Alex Tory (Solo), 2 Eric Christan (Comet), 3 Gary Ungless (Solo). Second handicap race (12 boats): 1 Alex Tory, 2 John Cant (Laser Radial), 3 Eric Christan. Enterprise Class race one: 1 Bob Utteridge and Marie Brown, 2 Hugh and Robbie Marshall, 3 Denis Copsey and Emma Rees. Race two: 1 Hugh and Robbie Marshall, 2 Denis Copsey and Emma Rees, 3 Bob Utteridge and Marie Brown. Comet Class races one and two: 1 Eric Christan, 2 Clare Christan. Laser Radial Class races one and two: 1 John Cant, 2 Martin Mills. Solo Class races one and two: 1 Alex Tory, 2 Gary Ungless, 3 Les Booth.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment