A quick brew
Geoff Brewster was back in form in Ely Cycling Club s time trial last week and recorded the fastest time to win the Cox Cup. Sixteen riders took part in the race on the A142 between Witchford and Sutton. Brewster, right, put in an impressive performance t
Geoff Brewster was back in form in Ely Cycling Club's time trial last week and recorded the fastest time to win the Cox Cup.
Sixteen riders took part in the race on the A142 between Witchford and Sutton.
Brewster, right, put in an impressive performance to cross the line in 23:42, just seconds ahead of Tom Sykes (23:50) and Steve Presland (23:57).
Also riding well were Andy Bright (24:10), John McAndrew (24:29), Colin Whitechurch (24:42) and Richard Hill (24:51), who all fought hard to break the 25-minute barrier.
You may also want to watch:
Steve Lightfoot missed out on a 25-minute time by just 20 seconds while father and son Andy and Ben Stephen posted solid times of 26:14 and 32:24.
Harvey Leadbeater was also inspired by his father as he clocked 28:57, only 16 seconds behind Leadbeater senior.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
The Tuesday evening time trials have finished and the next club event will be the open 10-mile time trial on Saturday, from 2pm.
This will be open to club members only. To join the club or for more information visit www.elycyclingclub.com or call Marc Cox on 01223 263862.
Results - 10-mile solo: 1 Geoff Brewster 23:42, 2 Tom Sykes 23:50, 3 Steve Presland 23:57, 4 Andy Bright 24:10, 5 John MacAndrew 24:29, 6 Colin Whitechurch 24:42, 7 Richard Hill 24:51, 8 Steve Lightfoot 25:20, 9 Gordon Hollingworth 25:49, 10 Andy Stephen 26:14, 11 John Jermy 27:50, 12 Derek Bailey 28:17, 13 Nigel Leadbeater 28:41, 14 Harvey Leadbeater 28:57, 15 Celia Whitechurch 30:39, 16 Ben Stephen 32:24.