Ely Tigers travelled to Diss looking to continue their recent run of wins,

The squad once more saw changes from the previous week, which may have explained the slow start against the run of play.

Ely broke from a scrum deep in their own half, moving the ball left to right and finding space which allowed Mark Assenti to break and only a last ditch tackle with the try line in sight, stopped Assenti from scoring.

Tigers managed to keep the ball alive finding Matt McCarthy to score, Jake Alsop adds the conversion (0-7)

Diss go down to 14 after a yellow for a number high tackles and the resulting penalty gave Tigers their second try of the afternoon as Jordan Barnes scores, again Alsop was able to add the conversion (0-14)

Diss were then able to get on the score sheet with a try in the corner, going over unmarked as Tigers seemed to have stopped waiting for the referee to bring back play, but the try stood, although they were unable to add the conversion (5-14).

Tigers regained the gap with McCarthy going over to score his second try of the afternoon, Alsop adds the conversion on the stroke of half time to give Tigers a healthy lead at the break (5-21).

The start of the second half saw yet more rain on the heavy pitch and the game started to get disjointed and wasn't helped when Diss went down to 14 men after a red card.

Coach Buzz Coulson looked to the bench and brought on Ricky Neale and Lee Thompson, soon to follow was Adam Tallack. Despite being a man down, the home side were pushing Ely back with the game mostly being played in their half, the home side went down to 13 as the referee produced another card.   

Despite being down to 13, it was the home side that looked likely to score, and they did, from an Ely line-out, the home side picked up the ball and attacked skipping tackles to cross the try line (10-21), conversion was missed.

Despite the home side being down on numbers they were still aiming to get the two tries required for the bonus point from the game

A charged down kick by Tallack saw Ely score their bonus point try, Tallack beat the defender to the ball and ran free to set up McCarthy for his hat-trick try.

Bonus point try under the posts and Alsop added the conversion (10-28).

The try was a blow for the home side so it was no surprise with the game coming to a close that Ely scored again as Barnes added his second try, with Alsop adding the conversion (10-35).

Tigers made the extra players count, and Jordan soon added another try inside the last five minutes, as Ely finally made the man difference count, as captain Lory Martin was able to cross the line to score during the last play of the game, with Alsop converting.

Final score finished (10-42)