After a week of rain, it was nice to see the sun shining for Saturday's afternoon's re-arranged fixture against Ipswich YM which resulted in a win.

The first fixture was called off in early December due to a frozen pitch. Ely were forced once more to make changes to their starting XV.

It was the visitors who started the brightest, pushing Tigers back towards their try line so it was a surprise when Tigers took the lead when Lee Thompson bulldozed his way past the YM defence to dive over the line.

Jake Alsop was able to add the conversion, (7-0). From the restart, YM again pushed Tigers back as they soon scored their opening try, going over in the corner, despite a last gasp tackle from Paul Dewey, but they couldn't add the conversion (7-5).

Back came Tigers, as the pace of Jim Reed helped him dodge around tackles to cross the line, with time on his side he managed to put the ball down under the post, with Alsop able to add the conversion (14-5).

The score line looked tough on the visitors, but Tigers had taken their chances. From the restart, Tigers conceded a penalty in front of the posts, Y.M opting to kick, added the three points with ease (14-8).

From the restart, Tigers broke with Reed once more, his pace causing issues, and was able to score close to the corner, Alsop adding the conversion points (21-80.

YM scored again, breaking free, slipping one tackle to break and score under the uprights, with the conversion added to close the gap, (21-15) and at this point the game felt like, 'we'll score one' and 'then the visitors would score'.

Jim Reed thought he'd scored his hat-trick try, but International TMO official, Rowan Kitt, indicated the ball had been held up, from the drop zone restart.

YM handed the ball straight back to Tigers, enabling Mitch Kennett to cross the line to the right of the posts, giving Tigers the bonus point try, with Alsop adding the conversion (28-15).

Ely picked up the clearance from the restart with Rob Armer breaking away, supported by Jordan Barnes who unchallenged scores under the posts, Alsop adds the conversion (35-15).

A penalty to YM, much a carbon copy of the one earlier in the half, on the stroke of half time, again YM made no mistake to add the three points the same place on the strike of half time, (35-18).

The start of the second half, Ely scored again, with half time replacement Mark Assenti picking up a pass out wide, as he looked to pass out wide to the supporting Matt McCarthy, Assenti dummied the pass to dive over the line in the corner, with Alsop unable to add the conversion from the angle, (40-18). 

The restart saw Tigers back on the attack, with Jim Reed scoring in the corner proving too strong for YM back line, again, Alsop was unable to add the conversion points (45-18).

A quickly-taken penalty, saw Ryan Edgeworth free Reed whose paced again helped him to score in the corner, this time Alsop was able to add the conversion as Tigers break the 50 point mark (52-18).

After a string of tries for the home side the game settled down with YM looking to add to their score, with the game coming to a close, Ely cross the line once more with Rob Armer going over under the posts, conversion added by Alsop (59-18).

Another break by the impressive Reed, again his pace with another break, he proved too strong for the backs to score his firth try of the afternoon, Alsop was able to add the conversion as the game came to a close with a (66-18) win.