Ely Tigers faced Diss on Saturday afternoon, hoping to stretch their unbeaten run to four games.

They were forced to make changes to the starting 15 and it was the visitors who took the lead, with five minutes on the clock, when they were awarded a penalty, opting to kick for the points, with the wind behind them.

Pressure from the restart, saw Ely going close several times and on 15 minutes the pressure paid off with Ely scoring the opening try in the corner, leaving a difficult chance to the conversion, which was missed.

Direct from the restart, another penalty to Diss, again opting to kick, again adding the three points to take a one-point lead.

A quickly taken penalty saw Adam Tallack dive over for the second try, again in the corner and saw the conversion missed.

Another penalty to Diss, from the same range, again adding the points, to close the gap to a point once more.

With 32 minutes on the clock, a line-out was won by Ely, pushing Diss back towards their own line, enabling Tigers to walk the ball over the line for the third try, again the conversion was missed.

Moments later, from the restart, Ely break, Luke Turner finding Joel Scott Paul, who in turns feeds Jim Story to score, to give Ely a 20-9 lead at the break.

Opening 15 minutes of the second half, saw neither side gain any foothold in the game, on 65 minutes.

Ely breaking from the left, eventually finding captain Lory Martin to score in the corner, conversion missed.

From the restart, Ely picked up the ball with Scott Paul going in under the posts, the conversion was added, from the start and an error saw Diss apply pressure, but Ely defence stood firm.

There was a brief break in the pressure on the home side but again Diss pushed forward looking for gaps in the home defence, finally the break came as they score their first try of the afternoon, just close to posts, conversion added.

The try seemed to lift Diss, as once again they pushed Tigers back in to their own half, as the final whistle was close.

On 79 minutes, Tigers added another try, and crossed the try line from a scrum on the right. There was still time for another try, with Luke Turner  going over under the posts from the wing, with conversion added just before the final whistle sounded as the final score finished  44-16