Bennett on top form as four Ely riders record personal bests
- Credit: Davey Jones
Five members of Ely & District B&T Motor Repairs competed, and four took advantage to set new distance personal bests.
Darran Bennett averaged over 30mph to finish the ECCA 10-mile championship race in 19:37, shaving two seconds off his previous best time for 10 miles.
Rory Havis was the second quickest Ely rider, as he crossed in 20:24 on the E2/10 course near Six Mile Bottom along the A11, ahead of John Manlow who finished in 37th place in a time of 20:32.
Manlow's time was a distance PB, as was Will Shepherd's and Alison Fox's efforts of 21:35 and 23:36 respectively.
A day later, Rob Golding was in Norfolk as he rode in the CC Breckland District Championship race on the B50/20 course on the A11, but further north near Attleborough.
Golding completed the 50-mile race in a time of 1:47:01, giving him an impressive 12th place overall.
- 1 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 2 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 3 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 4 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 5 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 6 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 7 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 8 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 9 Frustration for Ely City is United's gain as unbeaten home run ends
- 10 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series