Bennett on top form as four Ely riders record personal bests
- Credit: Davey Jones
Five members of Ely & District B&T Motor Repairs competed, and four took advantage to set new distance personal bests.
Darran Bennett averaged over 30mph to finish the ECCA 10-mile championship race in 19:37, shaving two seconds off his previous best time for 10 miles.
Rory Havis was the second quickest Ely rider, as he crossed in 20:24 on the E2/10 course near Six Mile Bottom along the A11, ahead of John Manlow who finished in 37th place in a time of 20:32.
Manlow's time was a distance PB, as was Will Shepherd's and Alison Fox's efforts of 21:35 and 23:36 respectively.
A day later, Rob Golding was in Norfolk as he rode in the CC Breckland District Championship race on the B50/20 course on the A11, but further north near Attleborough.
You may also want to watch:
Golding completed the 50-mile race in a time of 1:47:01, giving him an impressive 12th place overall.
- 1 Round one to High Flyer after highways gives thumbs up to giant mug
- 2 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 3 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 4 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 5 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 6 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 7 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 8 First homes approved for Waterbeach Barracks
- 9 Our weekly round-up of what Ely Standard readers have to say
- 10 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school