Youth centre boosted by new recording studio
A NEW music studio and recording facilities have opened at a youth centre in Littleport.
The YPL Music Rooms were officially opened on Friday, with the public given a first chance to see the freshly decorated and fully equipped music facility while trying out some of the equipment.
Over the past four months, YPL manager Phil Malkin and his staff, have worked tirelessly alongside members of the ADeC (Arts Development in East Cambridgeshire) team to transform the first floor of the Granby Street building into a series of rooms for rehearsing and recording.
Local music group Fenland Jam will be running regular sessions and weekly workshops. In addition, there will be Arts Award sessions where young people can gain qualifications for their arts activities as well as a Christmas showcase gig.
ADeC project assistant Lorry Spry, said: “It was a great evening. More than 40 people of all ages attended and we had a lot of positive feedback. Some people have offered to help staff sessions, some offered to help with the decorating and many others can’t wait to start making music.”
You may also want to watch:
The project has been funded by Youth Music and coordinated by ADeC. Youth Music are the leading UK charity using music to transform the lives of young people by giving them opportunities to discover their creativity and fulfill their potential and they identified Littleport as an area where young people would benefit.
For the full timetable workshops, to book a rehearsal or recording or simply to find out more please contact Nathan Jones at email@example.com or see the ADeC website www.adec.org.uk.
- 1 Independent shop full of fresh food – despite national shortage
- 2 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
- 3 Mark's 27 unanswered questions over volunteers to control parking
- 4 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 5 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 6 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 7 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 8 Van driver in ‘life threatening condition’ after crash
- 9 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 10 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations