Yours for a cool £10,000: Disused ambulance station back on the market
- Credit: Archant
A former ambulance station in Soham has once again been put up for sale.
The disused station, in Fountain Lane, was due to be auctioned off by Cheffins back in September but was withdrawn before the sale took place.
Now, the building has been put on the open market with a price tag of £10,000 attached.
The station, which is thought to have been built in the 1920s, fronts on to Fountain Lane and measures almost 40sq m (16ft by 26ft).
Cheffins says the building, which sits opposite The Fountain pub, could be put to a variety of uses but would be subject to planning restrictions.
On their website, Cheffins says: “The central location makes it ideal for conversion to commercial premises such as a coffee shop or boutique shop subject to obtaining the relevant consents. It has a guide price of £10,000 to £15,000.”
When the Soham Vision was drafted by East Cambridgeshire District Council in 2012, it recommended demolishing the station to make way for redevelopment of the area, which sits at the entrance to the town’s recreation ground.
- 1 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 2 OPINION: Soham Station fiasco about to come to a conclusion, or is it?
- 3 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 4 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 5 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 6 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 7 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 8 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 9 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 10 1,800 enjoy free Christmas day out at Ely’s ‘hidden gem’
The report said: “To facilitate this the ambulance station will need to be demolished, and opportunities explored to refurbish or re-locate the public toilets within the site.”
INFO: For more information, visit www.cheffins.co.uk/