‘YourEly’ website to be launched to promote Ely businesses
- Credit: Archant
AN initiative will be launched in April by MP Sir James Paice to promote Ely’s businesses.
YourEly, a website and social media platform, will enable the city’s businesses to join as members and actively engage with its community and customers, keeping them informed about what’s on offer and what’s going on within the city.
It will also welcome views from residents on important issues affecting Ely, such as the city’s planned retail park and the introduction of car parking charges.
YourEly is supported by Sir James, who will launch the initiative on April 19 and speak to Ely’s businesses.
He said: “I am delighted to support this exciting initiative and help raise the profile of Ely’s many independent shops and businesses which give the city much of its distinctive and attractive character.
You may also want to watch:
“Many high streets around the UK are struggling to survive the competition from the internet and out of town retail parks but together I believe that we can help Ely to retain a healthy and prosperous city centre which attracts local residents and tourists alike.”
YourEly will host business profiles on its website covering a wide variety of sectors, from accommodation, services, food and drink, solicitors, hair and beauty, interior design and taxis, and other Ely businesses.
- 1 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 Village’s community Co-op will open next month after New Year delays
- 4 Retirement complex proposals encounter a sticky situation
- 5 Letter: Why not use Ely Cathedral as a vaccination centre?
- 6 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 7 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 8 Fight with weapons outside gym leaves two people seriously injured
- 9 Car hits A14 barrier near Newmarket
- 10 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
The inspiration behind YourEly is Caroline Bailey, the owner of Spa ely. She will also provide mentoring to members who sign up if they need additional business support.
Bailey said: “I very much feel that Ely is a wonderful vibrant city with fantastic shops offering personal service which is second to none, the kind of service which is valued by local people who want to be kept informed about their special offers and events.
“YourEly will provide this information using social media tools, including e-newsletters and Facebook, as well as QR codes and Twitter.
“We want to encourage closer links between shops and its consumers to ensure our city looks forward to future growth and prosperity.
“If we act now in Ely and form a strong group, we will be in a better position to face future uncertainties - and succeed.”
For details about becoming members of YourEly, contact Caroline on firstname.lastname@example.org