Youngsters In Littleport Enjoy A Summer Sports Programme
YOUNGSTERS in Littleport are trying their hand at everything from football to fishing this month as a part of a summer of sports programme. More than 30 youngsters aged between 5-16 have signed up to take part in a whole host of sports running at Littlep
YOUNGSTERS in Littleport are trying their hand at everything from football to fishing this month as a part of a summer of sports programme.
More than 30 youngsters aged between 5-16 have signed up to take part in a whole host of sports running at Littleport Leisure Centre over the summer holidays with sports like fishing and archery taking centre stage alongside football and cricket.
Centre manager and coach, Andy Rutterford, said: "Our summer holidays activities are fully booked almost as soon as we have put the list of 'what's on' up and its always nice to see some many youngsters getting involved.
"Football is always one of the most popular sports but we have found this year that archery has proved as popular as any, and we are planning a summer Olympics later this month as well."
You may also want to watch:
8794HD0709: A group of youngsters enjoy the football training session.
Photo: HELEN DRAKE
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Large illegal knife and 45 cannabis plants found in police raid
- 3 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 4 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 5 College and sixth form's 'gold' rating for 'outstanding' mental health provision
- 6 Photo memories of the late Prince Philip projected onto house
- 7 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 8 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 9 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 10 Boxer's 163-miles-in-a-month charity run raises £1,600