Youngsters get a taste of the working world at careers event
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters were given the chance to explore the world of work at a special careers event which took place on Thursday.
The event, organised by the Ely Schools Partnership, ran at Ely College and was set up to help prepare students for their future careers.
Throughout the day representatives from a number of businesses and organisations met students to explain not only what their career/job involves but also to help them think about their career choices.
More than 500 Year 5 students attended the event from Downham Feoffees, Ely St John’s, Ely St Mary’s Junior, Lantern Community, Littleport Community and Millfield.
The morning sessions also included activities with an interactive theme to get the students involved in the event.
You may also want to watch:
In the afternoon, the Year 9 students from Ely College were able to talk to exhibitors, firing career questions to gain an insight into the world of work.
Sponsorship for the event came from the ECU Trust and the Rotary Club of Littleport.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Dr Nik in Ely for his first day as Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Mayor
- 3 Have your say on Network Rail increasing rail capacity through Ely
- 4 Man suspected to have stolen '£300-400' of alcohol in store theft
- 5 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 6 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 7 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 8 Eggs from Peregrine Falcons nesting on Ely Cathedral rooftop hatch
- 9 Railways to royalty - a nostalgic look at Ely and Cambridgeshire
- 10 Punch in face leaves man with fractured nose
Ely Schools Partnership is a group of 10 schools from Ely, Littleport and Little Downham, which have formed a partnership to support learning amongst children and young people.