Youngsters at Young People Littlpeort create a stunning mural
YOUNGSTERS at Young People Littleport (YPL) have brought a flash of colour to the walls of their new music rooms, after designing and painting a striking mural.
Throughout November, the young people got creative, attending mural workshops organised by ADeC (Arts Development in East Cambridgeshire) and led by local artist Sadie Few.
Eleven young people designed, drew and painted the new stunning mural to decorate the lobby of the new music rooms, which offer a variety of workshops, rehearsals and recording opportunities for young people.
The workshops were held over three Saturdays with the young people creating all the designs and selecting the colours. The youngsters then drew and painted walls at the former health centre building in Granby Street; bringing them to life with colours and patterns.
Nathan Jones of ADeC said: “Everyone had a great time and produced a lively, colourful design to welcome people when they visit the music rooms. There will be other workshops to decorate other walls early next year. Anyone interested in getting involved should contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org”
You may also want to watch:
For more details on YPL visit the ADeC website www.adec.org.uk
- 1 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 2 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 3 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 4 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 5 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 6 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 7 Round one to High Flyer after highways gives thumbs up to giant mug
- 8 Glamping site granted drinks licence despite neighbours' protests
- 9 Leader’s reminder of human cost of £100k homes fall-out
- 10 Annual classic car show returns to Ely