Youngsters at Young People Littlpeort create a stunning mural
YOUNGSTERS at Young People Littleport (YPL) have brought a flash of colour to the walls of their new music rooms, after designing and painting a striking mural.
Throughout November, the young people got creative, attending mural workshops organised by ADeC (Arts Development in East Cambridgeshire) and led by local artist Sadie Few.
Eleven young people designed, drew and painted the new stunning mural to decorate the lobby of the new music rooms, which offer a variety of workshops, rehearsals and recording opportunities for young people.
The workshops were held over three Saturdays with the young people creating all the designs and selecting the colours. The youngsters then drew and painted walls at the former health centre building in Granby Street; bringing them to life with colours and patterns.
Nathan Jones of ADeC said: “Everyone had a great time and produced a lively, colourful design to welcome people when they visit the music rooms. There will be other workshops to decorate other walls early next year. Anyone interested in getting involved should contact me at email@example.com”
You may also want to watch:
For more details on YPL visit the ADeC website www.adec.org.uk
- 1 Village pub limits reopening to ‘bread and butter customers’ only
- 2 Park and ride from Milton to return next month
- 3 Action this day as new alliance slashes £72k from councillors' allowance budget
- 4 Witchford hold their heads high despite narrow Cambs League cup exit
- 5 Hifields to bring world-class artists and 6,000 festival-goers to Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 7 Family pay tribute to ‘talented’ father-of-three veteran killed in crash
- 8 Letter: Amazing reunion for couple thanks to paramedics
- 9 Man charged with armed robbery in Fenland
- 10 Family traumatised as their beloved Waffle shot in the face