Youngsters at Young People Littlpeort create a stunning mural
YOUNGSTERS at Young People Littleport (YPL) have brought a flash of colour to the walls of their new music rooms, after designing and painting a striking mural.
Throughout November, the young people got creative, attending mural workshops organised by ADeC (Arts Development in East Cambridgeshire) and led by local artist Sadie Few.
Eleven young people designed, drew and painted the new stunning mural to decorate the lobby of the new music rooms, which offer a variety of workshops, rehearsals and recording opportunities for young people.
The workshops were held over three Saturdays with the young people creating all the designs and selecting the colours. The youngsters then drew and painted walls at the former health centre building in Granby Street; bringing them to life with colours and patterns.
Nathan Jones of ADeC said: “Everyone had a great time and produced a lively, colourful design to welcome people when they visit the music rooms. There will be other workshops to decorate other walls early next year. Anyone interested in getting involved should contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org”
You may also want to watch:
For more details on YPL visit the ADeC website www.adec.org.uk
- 1 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 2 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 3 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 4 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 5 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 6 Number of fatal injuries caused on our roads ‘remains far too high’
- 7 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 8 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 9 Vaccinated nurse tells of 'incredibly stressful' situation
- 10 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity