Young people to be offered chance of apprenticeship at Ely travel firm after its launch last year was such a success
- Credit: Archant
A travel agency is looking to expand its apprenticeship scheme after attracting a raft of interest from young people following its launch last year.
Premier Travel, which has an office in Ely, launched its scheme in conjunction with Cambridge Regional College last summer, and will be searching for at least two new apprentices this year.
Niki Waters, HR and projects manager at Premier Travel, said: “We were overwhelmed by the success of our new apprenticeship scheme following its unveiling and as a result, we’ve decided to recruit several more trainee travel consultants and will be expanding it to other departments in the company.
“Our current apprentices are all in different stages of their training and have been a real asset to Premier.
“The scheme has enabled us to grow our own talented employees and develop them into knowledgeable and experienced travel consultants who have helped to improve our products and services.
“Upon completion of the programme, our trainees will gain a qualification from Cambridge Regional College, which will improve their future career prospects.”
Ian Pritt, training manager at Premier Travel, added: “Our apprenticeship scheme shows our staff that we’re committed and focused on their development and that we see them as a long-term prospect.
- 1 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 2 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 3 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 4 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 5 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
- 6 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 7 ‘It’s been like this for 11 months’ - woman’s assisted refuse collection failure
- 8 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
- 9 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
“It can be really daunting starting a new job when you’re young and this is yet another way we can support them.”