Young Farmers Club set for a comeback in Soham
- Credit: Archant
Soham Young Farmers Club is set to be resurrected after more than 20 years.
The Soham branch closed in 1992 but a new band of volunteers are starting the club up again and hope to meet every Wednesday with a mixture of activities, trips, talks, farming-related competitions and social events.
Soham Young Farmers Club will be hold its first meeting, a new members night, on Wednesday, October 8, at 7.30pm at Soham Town Rangers Football Club, in Julius Martin Lane.
The Young Farmers movement has almost 650 branches across the UK, supporting some 25,000 members.
A spokesman said: “Come along if you are aged between 14 and 26 if you would like to make new friends and meet people with similar interests.
You may also want to watch:
“We would also love to hear from anyone who would like to give a talk at one of our meetings, invite our club to tour your business premises and learn more about the business or sponsor one of our events, please don’t hesitate to contact us.”
If you are interested in joining, contact Scott Rix – the chairman – on 07786083729, or Emma Kelcher – club secretary – on 07920146952.
- 1 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 2 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 3 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 4 Ely named the UK’s most baby-friendly location
- 5 Nostalgic throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 6 Slimmer launches weight loss group after losing three stone
- 7 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 8 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 9 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 10 Prosecuted drone pilot breached Civil Aviation Authority regulations