Young Farmers Club set for a comeback in Soham
- Credit: Archant
Soham Young Farmers Club is set to be resurrected after more than 20 years.
The Soham branch closed in 1992 but a new band of volunteers are starting the club up again and hope to meet every Wednesday with a mixture of activities, trips, talks, farming-related competitions and social events.
Soham Young Farmers Club will be hold its first meeting, a new members night, on Wednesday, October 8, at 7.30pm at Soham Town Rangers Football Club, in Julius Martin Lane.
The Young Farmers movement has almost 650 branches across the UK, supporting some 25,000 members.
A spokesman said: “Come along if you are aged between 14 and 26 if you would like to make new friends and meet people with similar interests.
You may also want to watch:
“We would also love to hear from anyone who would like to give a talk at one of our meetings, invite our club to tour your business premises and learn more about the business or sponsor one of our events, please don’t hesitate to contact us.”
If you are interested in joining, contact Scott Rix – the chairman – on 07786083729, or Emma Kelcher – club secretary – on 07920146952.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour