Yoga teacher Pauline hoping to pass on her knowledge in new book
- Credit: Archant
Yoga teacher Pauline Dawber has condensed more than 30 years of knowledge into a new book which guides beginners through the basics of the popular pastime.
Pauline, from Littleport, qualified as a teacher in 1983 but was introduced to yoga many years before that by her parents Gwen and Tom, who learnt yoga in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Pauline still teaches classes in Burwell and Ely but says she was keen that, when she no longer teaches, her knowledge and experience was not lost so decided to put together her book, I Yoga You Yoga.
The book features students from her local classes and, as well as extolling the virtues of yoga, also guides readers through 10 simple yoga poses, including the lotus, the crescent moon and the shoulder stand.
She said: “I do some yoga every day and I think it is something fantastic to get into. It is simple, can give you more energy and help re-balance you.”
The book, available from around £9, can be purchased online from www.amazon.co.uk
- 1 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 2 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 3 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 4 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 5 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 6 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 7 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 8 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 9 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 10 'Farmgate' report leaks reveal concerns over Manor Farm tenancy