Yoga teacher Pauline hoping to pass on her knowledge in new book
- Credit: Archant
Yoga teacher Pauline Dawber has condensed more than 30 years of knowledge into a new book which guides beginners through the basics of the popular pastime.
Pauline, from Littleport, qualified as a teacher in 1983 but was introduced to yoga many years before that by her parents Gwen and Tom, who learnt yoga in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Pauline still teaches classes in Burwell and Ely but says she was keen that, when she no longer teaches, her knowledge and experience was not lost so decided to put together her book, I Yoga You Yoga.
The book features students from her local classes and, as well as extolling the virtues of yoga, also guides readers through 10 simple yoga poses, including the lotus, the crescent moon and the shoulder stand.
She said: “I do some yoga every day and I think it is something fantastic to get into. It is simple, can give you more energy and help re-balance you.”
You may also want to watch:
The book, available from around £9, can be purchased online from www.amazon.co.uk
- 1 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 2 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 3 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 4 Everything you need to know about Mad Hatters eco festival
- 5 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 6 Ely named the UK’s most baby-friendly location
- 7 Nostalgic throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 8 Footballer hopes Wembley 'dream' can bolster Cambridge career
- 9 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 10 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening