Yoga and vegan food day is a big success in Ely
- Credit: Archant
The first-ever yoga and vegan festival in Cambridgeshire was a huge success when it took place in Ely.
The day at Paradise leisure centre was a volunteer run event which gave people a chance to take part in more than 40 yoga and meditation sessions, enjoy vegan and raw vegan food, shop for vegan products and attend talks.
There was a chance to try Bollywood dancing and all proceeds went to fund a range of different charities.
A spokesman said the day was to: “Treat your mind, body and soul to multiple Yoga and meditation sessions conducted by many talented yoga teachers based in and around Cambridgeshire.”
Yoga means to unite your mind, body and soul while veganism is part of respecting animals who co-inhabit the world with us.
You may also want to watch:
For details call 07481-898608 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident