Yee haa! Cowboy theme for family fun day in Littleport
- Credit: Archant
Littleport charity Branching Out hosted its annual family fun day with a cowboy theme.
Susan Wiggans, general manager said: “One of the people we support wanted to base the day on a cowboy theme and for several months now all the staff and the people with learning disabilities have been working together as a team to organise the event.
“The site is decorated with everything from cactus to wagon wheels.”
She sent a big thank you to The Buskers for providing live music, Ely Town Crier, Mr Softy the ice cream man, Fantasy Face Painting, Mary Radcliff with her vintage stall and all the generous traders in Ely who donated prizes.
She said: “It was a fantastic day and between us all we raised an amazing £900 to help us to continue our work supporting people with learning disabilities in Cambridgeshire.”
You may also want to watch:
Branching Out is a local charity that supports adults with learning disabilities in a variety of fun work experience and social activities. Its staff team helps people with encouragement to overcome difficulties and achieve in everyday life.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut