Xander back on his bike for new challenge
- Credit: Archant
Intrepid schoolboy Xander Brown is planning his next charity cycle ride to raise funds for Magpas Helixmedix.
Xander, 7, has set his sights on his most ambitious ride yet, a 24-mile trek from Cambridge to Ely using off-road cycle routes that will see him pass Anglesey Abbey and Wicken Fen en route.
The St John’s Primary School pupil has already completed three cycle rides for Magpas and has raised close to £1,000.
He is hoping to break through the barrier by completing the Cambridge to Ely ride on August 16. He has set himself a target of £500.
Xander, from Ely, will be setting out shortly after 9am with mum, Michelle, in tow.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Brown said: “Magpas has been very supportive and has sent him a t-shirt to wear for the ride. He has a brand new bike and is raring to get started.”
Later in the summer, Xander will also be taking part in the Ouse Washes Experience, a cycle ride organised by the Rotary Club of Ely Hereward.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Covid-19 vaccine myths ‘biggest challenge’ in progress
To sponsor Xander, or to find out more about his fund-raising, visit http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=XanderBrown&isTeam=true