Xander, 5, raises £200 for Magpas with sponsored cycle ride
- Credit: Archant
BIG hearted five-year-old Xander Brown completed an eight mile sponsored bike ride to raise £200 for Magpas.
Xander and his mum Michelle, from Ely, cycled from Wicken Fen to Burwell and back again.
His mum said: “I am really proud of what Xander has achieved. Our ride was quite eventful, especially when our path was blocked by some ponies.
“He really loved it, he could have carried on going but I didn’t want to push it!”
Michelle added: “Xander has wanted to raise money for charity for a while, and I said he had to wait for the school holidays. We discussed what he might do, and I explained to him the importance of the air ambulance service to Ely, because Addenbrooke’s Hospital is so far away.”
You may also want to watch:
Xander is a pupil at St John’s School in Ely, and cycles to school each day. Where some might have taken a well-earned break after completing such an impressive feat, Xander was back in action again the following day on a camping trip with friends!
To sponsor Xander, go to www.virginmoneygiving.com/XanderBrown
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 4 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland
- 5 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 6 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 7 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 8 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 9 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 10 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers