Xander, 5, raises £200 for Magpas with sponsored cycle ride
- Credit: Archant
BIG hearted five-year-old Xander Brown completed an eight mile sponsored bike ride to raise £200 for Magpas.
Xander and his mum Michelle, from Ely, cycled from Wicken Fen to Burwell and back again.
His mum said: “I am really proud of what Xander has achieved. Our ride was quite eventful, especially when our path was blocked by some ponies.
“He really loved it, he could have carried on going but I didn’t want to push it!”
Michelle added: “Xander has wanted to raise money for charity for a while, and I said he had to wait for the school holidays. We discussed what he might do, and I explained to him the importance of the air ambulance service to Ely, because Addenbrooke’s Hospital is so far away.”
Xander is a pupil at St John’s School in Ely, and cycles to school each day. Where some might have taken a well-earned break after completing such an impressive feat, Xander was back in action again the following day on a camping trip with friends!
To sponsor Xander, go to www.virginmoneygiving.com/XanderBrown
- 1 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 2 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 3 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 4 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 5 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 6 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 7 Ely Rotary Club back with annual Christmas collection
- 8 GP practices mark ‘momentous milestone’ in Covid-19 vaccine programme
- 9 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 10 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?