Xander, 5, raises £200 for Magpas with sponsored cycle ride
- Credit: Archant
BIG hearted five-year-old Xander Brown completed an eight mile sponsored bike ride to raise £200 for Magpas.
Xander and his mum Michelle, from Ely, cycled from Wicken Fen to Burwell and back again.
His mum said: “I am really proud of what Xander has achieved. Our ride was quite eventful, especially when our path was blocked by some ponies.
“He really loved it, he could have carried on going but I didn’t want to push it!”
Michelle added: “Xander has wanted to raise money for charity for a while, and I said he had to wait for the school holidays. We discussed what he might do, and I explained to him the importance of the air ambulance service to Ely, because Addenbrooke’s Hospital is so far away.”
You may also want to watch:
Xander is a pupil at St John’s School in Ely, and cycles to school each day. Where some might have taken a well-earned break after completing such an impressive feat, Xander was back in action again the following day on a camping trip with friends!
To sponsor Xander, go to www.virginmoneygiving.com/XanderBrown
- 1 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 2 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 3 Residents 'horrified' by Swastika graffiti in grounds of Ely Cathedral
- 4 Lockdown easing - 10 pubs and restaurants say welcome back
- 5 Man remains in custody after 'firearm and threat to kill' arrest
- 6 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 7 Littleport marks Royal British Legion centenary year with moving ceremony
- 8 Family traumatised as their beloved Waffle shot in the face
- 9 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 10 Dessert-lover travelled 150 miles north for ‘TikTok famous’ waffle