Xander, 5, prepares to raise cash for Magpas with sponsored cycle ride
- Credit: Archant
FIVE-year-old Xander Brown is a boy on a mission. He has set his heart on raising cash for Magpas and will undertake a sponsored charity bike ride later this month.
Xander, a pupil at St John’s School in Ely, has already collected around £50 from well wishers, and he is determined to raise even more money for the emergency medical charity.
Mum Michelle said: “He has been wanting to raise money for charity for a while, and I said he had to wait for the school holidays. We discussed what he might do, and I explained to him the importance of the air ambulance service to Ely, because Addenbrooke’s Hospital is so far away.”
Xander has been a confident cyclist for about a year. “He bikes to school every day, and has recently had a new bike,” said Michelle. “He has been riding for a year without stabilisers.
“We plan to do a bike ride around Wicken Fen on August 12, there is no pressure on him about what distance we might cover, but there are plenty of circular rides, and I will hire a bike so I can go with him.”
You may also want to watch:
As the day of the cycle ride approaches, Xander has been busy collecting more sponsorship. “He even go the ladies at Gibbs to sponsor him when he had a new pair of shoes, and at his swimming lessons he asked people at the Paradise pool to sponsor him.”
To sponsor Xander, go to www.virginmoneygiving.com/XanderBrown
- 1 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 2 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 3 Car hits A14 barrier near Newmarket
- 4 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 5 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 6 Potamogeton Trichoides has the last word on £6.5m Mepal crematorium
- 7 Retirement complex proposals encounter a sticky situation
- 8 Village’s community Co-op will open next month after New Year delays
- 9 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road