Festive decorations with a wreath making workshop in Witchford
- Credit: Archant
A Christmas wreath making workshop was enjoyed by people who attended an event in Witchford.
The workshop was staged by local flower arranger Jane Blanchard in St. Andrew’s Hall.
It was a chance for people to have hands on experience wih han expert to create their own festive wreaths.
Organised by Virginia and Mark Divall, the event raised £229.58 towards St Andrew’s Church extension fund.
Future events to enjoy include an Australia day games morning on Saturday January 26 in St. Andrew’s Hall.
It is £5 per adult and £2 per child (5+) and runs from 10am to noon with coffee, cake and soup lunch included.
The next workshop with be making a piece of decorative glass on Saturday February 2. It costs £17.50 with donations towards refreshments.
- 1 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 2 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 3 Ely Road closed as pedestrian hit in Littleport
- 4 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
- 5 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 6 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 7 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 8 Ex-soldier Rob on a mission to bring 'ideas and energy' to Ely
- 9 Students ‘over the moon’ to receive letter from The Queen during project
- 10 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
The monthly prize winners for the Friends of St. Andrew’s Church Witchford 200 Club will be announced at each event.
Tickets for both events are available from Rosemary Westwell, Witchford Post Office or Enid Bedford, Witchford.