Would you go 12 years without a hair cut? Adam did just that and only had it cut to raise money for the Rosie at Cambridge
- Credit: Archant
Adam Powell made the ‘bald’ decision to have his waist length dreadlocks cut off for charity.
Mr Powell has not had his hair cut for over 12 years and this hair raising event took place in the foyer of the Rosie Hospital.
He is raising money to thank the staff at the Rosie who cared for his son Bernard when he was born early at 32 weeks on August 27 last year, and supported Adam and his wife Zoe.
Mr Powell, of Isleham, enrolled the help of the nurses at the Rosie to cut off his beloved dreadlocks and shave his head. He chose to do this on October 19 because it was Bernard’s due date, and the money will be donated to the Rosie’s Charles Wolfson Ward for transitional care to help support future families like his.
He has already raised £1,400 for the Charles Wolfson Ward where families can spend time together when sick newborns require additional care in hospital. The overall aim is to empower parents/carers with the knowledge and skills to prepare them adequately for their discharge home with their baby.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Powell said: “Zoe and I cannot thank the staff of the Rosie enough for the care, support and confidence we were given. Taking a sick or premature baby home can be very frightening so having time in a transitional ward can be a massive help and can alleviate some of the worry.”
Nicky Newton, Addenbrooke’s Charitable Trust’s Community Fundraising Manager, added: “We are so grateful to Adam for his fantastic fundraising achievement. We welcome all fun and wacky fundraising ideas, and this was a great way to raise money and help support patients.”
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
To support Adam, see his online fundraising page: www.act4addenbrookes.org.uk/supporter/HaircutforTheRosieHospital
To find out more about Addenbrooke’s Charitable Trust call 01223 217757, email firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.act4addenbrookes.org.uk