‘Worrying images’ from crash are ‘a timely reminder for driver safety’ say police
- Credit: Archant
Police have released ‘worrying images’ from a collision between a pick-up vehicle and a dumper truck outside Mepal on April 19.
“They are a timely reminder for driver safety,” said a police spokesman.
The silver pickup collided with the rear of the dumper truck, writing the first vehicle off completely, destroying the engine block and activating both airbags.
“Quite remarkably nobody was injured as a consequence of this crash.
“The only thing that can prevent an incident of this nature is leaving a decent reactionary gap from the vehicle ahead, and paying attention to the vehicle ahead on the road,” added the spokesman.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the silver pickup has been reported for process and may face a summons for driving without due care.
Sgt Phil Priestley also said: “As the weather starts to improve it’s easy to get lulled into a false sense of security on the roads.
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 5 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 6 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Car crashes into wall outside village Co-op
- 9 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
“There are a load of heavy goods vehicles on rural routes and these types of accidents are always avoidable.
“Please take care.”