World Cup Fever: Having a ball
As England fans count down to the big World Cup kick-off, the new owners of The Cutter Inn, Ely, are offering a dream prize – the chance to be chauffeur-driven to the new Wembley Stadium to watch the national side play. Steve Haslam and wife Jo, pictured
As England fans count down to the big World Cup kick-off, the new owners of The Cutter Inn, Ely, are offering a dream prize - the chance to be chauffeur-driven to the new Wembley Stadium to watch the national side play.
Steve Haslam and wife Jo, pictured left, are refurbishing the Annesdale pub, and will automatically enter anyone who takes part in The Cutter's burger and beer promotion into a prize draw.
To be in with a chance, pre-order a home-made burger with salad, crisps and a bottle of beer for half-time consumption during any televised World Cup game at the pub for £7.50.
The winner will be announced on World Cup Final day, and will join Mr Haslam in being driven to the first game when Wembley reopens.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "Having taken over The Cutter, we have had a phenomenal welcome into the community. We look forward to seeing everybody on Saturday for England's opening game - and to celebrate my birthday."
Although The Cutter looks set to be a popular World Cup destination, Mr Haslam said the Captain's Lounge non-smoking bar-restaurant will be a football-free zone.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
INFO: The prize is limited to one entry for each burger ordered and is non-transferable.