World Cup Fever: Having a ball
As England fans count down to the big World Cup kick-off, the new owners of The Cutter Inn, Ely, are offering a dream prize – the chance to be chauffeur-driven to the new Wembley Stadium to watch the national side play. Steve Haslam and wife Jo, pictured
As England fans count down to the big World Cup kick-off, the new owners of The Cutter Inn, Ely, are offering a dream prize - the chance to be chauffeur-driven to the new Wembley Stadium to watch the national side play.
Steve Haslam and wife Jo, pictured left, are refurbishing the Annesdale pub, and will automatically enter anyone who takes part in The Cutter's burger and beer promotion into a prize draw.
To be in with a chance, pre-order a home-made burger with salad, crisps and a bottle of beer for half-time consumption during any televised World Cup game at the pub for £7.50.
The winner will be announced on World Cup Final day, and will join Mr Haslam in being driven to the first game when Wembley reopens.
He said: "Having taken over The Cutter, we have had a phenomenal welcome into the community. We look forward to seeing everybody on Saturday for England's opening game - and to celebrate my birthday."
Although The Cutter looks set to be a popular World Cup destination, Mr Haslam said the Captain's Lounge non-smoking bar-restaurant will be a football-free zone.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 Police take a tough stance as begging crackdown continues
- 3 'Normally unacceptable' barn demolition wins green light
- 4 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 5 ‘Wonderful’ Thanksgiving Evensong as Archdeacon steps down from role after 17 years
- 6 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 7 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 8 Latino 'feeling' comes together for South American venue on launch night
- 9 Ely by-election after death of 'marvellous' parish councillor
- 10 Detached home in tranquil riverside setting on sale for £750,000
INFO: The prize is limited to one entry for each burger ordered and is non-transferable.