Work Started On Upgrade To Ely Police Station
WORK has begun to upgrade the public facilities at Ely Police Station. The enquiry office will be made larger and incorporate a private, sound proofed area for the public so they can discuss any issues they may have in confidence.Facilities to allow disa
WORK has begun to upgrade the public facilities at Ely Police Station.
The enquiry office will be made larger and incorporate a private, sound proofed area for the public so they can discuss any issues they may have in confidence.
Facilities to allow disabled people and pushchairs better access to the police station will be upgraded, as well as the installation of bike racks for those who cycle there.
Another interview room will be upgraded with soundproof materials and a third interview room will be created.
Throughout the building works, a temporary building with a level access ramp, will be in place. Despite the presence of scaffolding, the police station will be open and operational as usual.
Force building surveyor David Hobbs said: "These changes will enable the force to provide a much better service to the public who use the police station.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 3 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 4 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 5 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 6 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 7 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 10 Yarn-bombing returns to city ahead of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
"Very often people will not like to discuss their personal situation in the presence of others. Following the upgrade the private area can be used.
"People will find the building more accessible and more noticeable as the extension's design, which is quite modern, will stand out from the rest of the brick building.