Work Started On Upgrade To Ely Police Station
WORK has begun to upgrade the public facilities at Ely Police Station. The enquiry office will be made larger and incorporate a private, sound proofed area for the public so they can discuss any issues they may have in confidence.Facilities to allow disa
WORK has begun to upgrade the public facilities at Ely Police Station.
The enquiry office will be made larger and incorporate a private, sound proofed area for the public so they can discuss any issues they may have in confidence.
Facilities to allow disabled people and pushchairs better access to the police station will be upgraded, as well as the installation of bike racks for those who cycle there.
Another interview room will be upgraded with soundproof materials and a third interview room will be created.
You may also want to watch:
Throughout the building works, a temporary building with a level access ramp, will be in place. Despite the presence of scaffolding, the police station will be open and operational as usual.
Force building surveyor David Hobbs said: "These changes will enable the force to provide a much better service to the public who use the police station.
- 1 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 2 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 3 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 4 Tyler Goodjohn ready to enter lion's den in world title bid
- 5 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 6 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
- 7 Motorcycle firm gearing up to show off lockdown project
- 8 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 9 Offensive graffiti: ‘Hate crimes have no place in Cambridgeshire’
- 10 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
"Very often people will not like to discuss their personal situation in the presence of others. Following the upgrade the private area can be used.
"People will find the building more accessible and more noticeable as the extension's design, which is quite modern, will stand out from the rest of the brick building.