Work Started On Upgrade To Ely Police Station
WORK has begun to upgrade the public facilities at Ely Police Station. The enquiry office will be made larger and incorporate a private, sound proofed area for the public so they can discuss any issues they may have in confidence.Facilities to allow disa
WORK has begun to upgrade the public facilities at Ely Police Station.
The enquiry office will be made larger and incorporate a private, sound proofed area for the public so they can discuss any issues they may have in confidence.
Facilities to allow disabled people and pushchairs better access to the police station will be upgraded, as well as the installation of bike racks for those who cycle there.
Another interview room will be upgraded with soundproof materials and a third interview room will be created.
You may also want to watch:
Throughout the building works, a temporary building with a level access ramp, will be in place. Despite the presence of scaffolding, the police station will be open and operational as usual.
Force building surveyor David Hobbs said: "These changes will enable the force to provide a much better service to the public who use the police station.
- 1 Tributes paid to school matron who died from Covid-19
- 2 Health scare inspired slimmer’s incredible 10 stone weight loss
- 3 Student defies challenges of pandemic to achieve first class degree
- 4 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 5 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 6 Alcohol shoplifter threatened security staff with large blade
- 7 Policing stepped up to tackle criminal damage and anti-social behaviour
- 8 London man jailed for running drugs line between Cambs and capital
- 9 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 10 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
"Very often people will not like to discuss their personal situation in the presence of others. Following the upgrade the private area can be used.
"People will find the building more accessible and more noticeable as the extension's design, which is quite modern, will stand out from the rest of the brick building.