Work set to begin on Stretham Manor Farm development, which includes 50 homes and doctor’s surgery
- Credit: Archant
Work will begin on a first of its kind 50-home development in Stretham later this month.
Fifteen of the homes at Manor Farm, east of Meadowcroft, will be classed as ‘affordable’. The development also includes a doctor’s surgery, three business units, an extension to the village cemetery and open space.
Manor Farm has also been designed in collaboration with the Stretham and Wilburton Community Land Trust – Cambridgeshire’s first Community Land Trust. Work begins on Thursday, September 17.
Developer Laragh Homes said: “Every house at Manor Farm – irrespective of size – will be a contemporary home with a country feel, full of energy-saving features to reduce environmental impact.
“Close to the local primary school and church, and with plenty of green spaces, it’s a great place to bring up the children and enjoy the good things in life.”
You may also want to watch:
To celebrate the start of work on site, a short tree-planting ceremony will take place at Manor Farm on the day.
The gathering will be meeting outside The Red Lion on Stretham High Street at 11am, from where they will walk the short distance to Manor Farm for the ceremony, followed by sandwiches back at The Red Lion.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 6 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 7 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 8 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse