Work off festive feasts with a bird walk
- Credit: Archant
Work off your festive indulgence with a winter walk on Saturday January 3.
The Ely local group of the Wildlife Trust invite you to join them for a winter wildlife walk on Saturday 3 January starting at 10.30am from Barton Road carpark in Ely.
The route will go via Jubilee Gardens and the river to Ely’s premier wildlife watching spot Roswell Pits.
This Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) is well known as a wintering area for waterbirds and other birds such as fieldfares and redwings which come to the UK to escape harsher winters in Scandinavia.
Most of the route is on firm paths but stout footwear and warm waterproof clothes are recommended.
You may also want to watch:
There is no charge to join the walk but any donations towards the work of the Wildlife Trust locally will be welcome.
- 1 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 2 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 3 Ely named the UK’s most baby-friendly location
- 4 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 5 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 6 Nostalgic throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 7 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 8 Slimmer launches weight loss group after losing three stone
- 9 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 10 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall