Work off festive feasts with a bird walk
- Credit: Archant
Work off your festive indulgence with a winter walk on Saturday January 3.
The Ely local group of the Wildlife Trust invite you to join them for a winter wildlife walk on Saturday 3 January starting at 10.30am from Barton Road carpark in Ely.
The route will go via Jubilee Gardens and the river to Ely’s premier wildlife watching spot Roswell Pits.
This Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) is well known as a wintering area for waterbirds and other birds such as fieldfares and redwings which come to the UK to escape harsher winters in Scandinavia.
Most of the route is on firm paths but stout footwear and warm waterproof clothes are recommended.
You may also want to watch:
There is no charge to join the walk but any donations towards the work of the Wildlife Trust locally will be welcome.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 10 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town