Ely Guild of Woodturners exhibition opens at cathedral conference centre
- Credit: Archant
Creatively carved woodwork and intriguing new pieces are on display at the Ely Guild of Woodturners annual exhibition.
The 'Art In Wood' event gives the public a chance to see the versatility of the craft while finding out more about the guild.
It is now open at the cathedral centre - opposite Ely Cathedral - until Bank Holiday Monday (August 26).
Entrance is free and members have submitted their pieces along with a gallery sale.
The guild was formed in 1988 to provide a place for established woodturners and beginners.
You may also want to watch:
"The skill and craft of these woodworkers make you realise how wonderful and versatile wood is and how new life can be created from it," Mayor Mike Rouse said.
The EGW has been exhibiting since 2004, for the first three years, the EGW held the event together with the art society, but started hosting its own independent exhibition thereafter.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 8 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 9 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 10 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph