Wood Green to move into Ely shop unit that has sat empty for almost four years
PUBLISHED: 07:09 03 April 2015
Animal charity Wood Green will be opening a shop in Ely.
The Godmanchester-based charity announced plans last year to take on the lease for the former Millets outlet, in Market Place, and open a charity shop, raising funds for its work.
It was confirmed this week that a deal had been signed with the landlord Rannerlow Ltd for the charity to move in to the premises, though no date has yet been announced for the opening.
Wood Green has started the search for a manager for the premises.
Millets closed its doors in 2011 with the shop unable to find a permanent occupant since then, although clothing retailer, Gun Hill, opened a pop-up shop on the site earlier this year.
Wood Green was founded in 1924, in London, by Louisa Snow. In 1987, the Godmanchester site was opened and it became the charity’s headquarters.