Wood-burning stove causes chimney blaze

ELY-Fire-Engine-0040

- Credit: Archant

Firefighters were called to a chimney fire in Burwell on Thursday night.

A crew from Burwell arrived in Newmarket Road at about 9.24pm to find a wood burner alight in the lounge of a two storey property measuring 10m by 8m.

Firefighters extinguished the fire and removed the wood burner from the premises.

Crews returned to their stations by 11.45pm.The cause of the fire was accidental.

A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “Please ensure you have your chimney swept and brickwork inspected at least once a year as this will help to prevent a chimney fire.”


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus