Women’s lunch club will be a forum
THE Ely Women s Lunch Club will be celebrating its launch at the Boathouse Restaurant on July 11. The lunch club is the brainchild of business woman Jane Horwood who set up the Cambridge Lunch Club as an informal and relaxed forum for self-employed women
THE Ely Women's Lunch Club will be celebrating its launch at the Boathouse Restaurant on July 11.
The lunch club is the brainchild of business woman Jane Horwood who set up the Cambridge Lunch Club as an informal and relaxed forum for self-employed women to meet, exchange ideas and experiences and to network.
She said: "The women who attend come from all areas of business but have one thing in common - an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for their work."
Jill McCulloch, who has been attending the Cambridge lunches, approached Jane to set up a club for Ely women.
Jane is a web designer and has been running Catfish Web Design for six years and Jill is a fully-qualified executive coach working with people in transition in their life, business or career.
"Ely has grown so rapidly in the past few years and I felt we needed our own group," said Jill. It can be very isolating being self-employed or running your own business. The lunches are a great way to take a break, meet some like-minds and useful contacts or just make new friends."
- 1 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 2 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 3 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
- 4 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 5 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 6 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 7 Mike Rouse: A lifetime's passion for books and literature
- 8 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 9 Ex-soldier Rob on a mission to bring 'ideas and energy' to Ely
- 10 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
INFO: The lunch club will meet on the second Tuesday of every month from September between 12.30pm and 2.30pm at The Old Boathouse in Annesdale, Ely. There is no membership fee and the cost of the lunch is £12. Women who are currently working for someone else and those considering setting up in business are welcome to go along.
Contact Jill McCulloch on 01353 649114.