Women’s lunch club will be a forum
THE Ely Women s Lunch Club will be celebrating its launch at the Boathouse Restaurant on July 11. The lunch club is the brainchild of business woman Jane Horwood who set up the Cambridge Lunch Club as an informal and relaxed forum for self-employed women
THE Ely Women's Lunch Club will be celebrating its launch at the Boathouse Restaurant on July 11.
The lunch club is the brainchild of business woman Jane Horwood who set up the Cambridge Lunch Club as an informal and relaxed forum for self-employed women to meet, exchange ideas and experiences and to network.
She said: "The women who attend come from all areas of business but have one thing in common - an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for their work."
Jill McCulloch, who has been attending the Cambridge lunches, approached Jane to set up a club for Ely women.
You may also want to watch:
Jane is a web designer and has been running Catfish Web Design for six years and Jill is a fully-qualified executive coach working with people in transition in their life, business or career.
"Ely has grown so rapidly in the past few years and I felt we needed our own group," said Jill. It can be very isolating being self-employed or running your own business. The lunches are a great way to take a break, meet some like-minds and useful contacts or just make new friends."
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 9 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
INFO: The lunch club will meet on the second Tuesday of every month from September between 12.30pm and 2.30pm at The Old Boathouse in Annesdale, Ely. There is no membership fee and the cost of the lunch is £12. Women who are currently working for someone else and those considering setting up in business are welcome to go along.
Contact Jill McCulloch on 01353 649114.