Woman Who Died After Being Hit By Train Named
A WOMAN who died after she was hit by a train in Littleport has been named.Linda Woods, 58, of Orchard Park, Littleport died after being hit by the 2.56pm King s Lynn to Kings Cross train on the Sandhills Level Crossing on May 27. The Coroners Office fo
A WOMAN who died after she was hit by a train in Littleport has been named.
Linda Woods, 58, of Orchard Park, Littleport died after being hit by the 2.56pm King's Lynn to Kings Cross train on the Sandhills Level Crossing on May 27.
The Coroners' Office for North and East Cambridgeshire, confirmed to the Ely Standard that Ms Woods died of multiple injuries as a result of being hit by the train and that an inquest into her death had been opened and adjourned.
Officers from the British Transport Police will now investigate the incident before handing a report to the coroner.
You may also want to watch:
A witness who was in the Black Horse pub at the time of the incident said: "As far as we know a women just threw herself in front of the train.
"A couple were just leaving the pub at the time that it happened and they rushed back in to tell us what had happened, it seemed very bad and put a real downer on the day.
- 1 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 2 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 3 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 4 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 5 Cash stolen and till broken in fourth break-in at Co-op store in four months
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 8 144 runners and 29 volunteers: First parkrun back is a huge success
- 9 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 10 Superb acting, singing and dancing at KD Theatre musical