Woman Who Died After Being Hit By Train Named
A WOMAN who died after she was hit by a train in Littleport has been named.Linda Woods, 58, of Orchard Park, Littleport died after being hit by the 2.56pm King s Lynn to Kings Cross train on the Sandhills Level Crossing on May 27. The Coroners Office fo
A WOMAN who died after she was hit by a train in Littleport has been named.
Linda Woods, 58, of Orchard Park, Littleport died after being hit by the 2.56pm King's Lynn to Kings Cross train on the Sandhills Level Crossing on May 27.
The Coroners' Office for North and East Cambridgeshire, confirmed to the Ely Standard that Ms Woods died of multiple injuries as a result of being hit by the train and that an inquest into her death had been opened and adjourned.
Officers from the British Transport Police will now investigate the incident before handing a report to the coroner.
You may also want to watch:
A witness who was in the Black Horse pub at the time of the incident said: "As far as we know a women just threw herself in front of the train.
"A couple were just leaving the pub at the time that it happened and they rushed back in to tell us what had happened, it seemed very bad and put a real downer on the day.
- 1 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 2 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
- 3 Dispersal order to tackle aggressive begging, street drinking and thefts
- 4 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 5 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 6 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 7 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 8 Boat club president inspires students days after race
- 9 Freemasons make cash donation to support hospital cancer patients
- 10 Sheep saved after taking short-cut on busy rail line