Woman Walking Dog Takes Photo Of UFO Over Ely Cathedral
A WOMAN in Ely has taken phone footage of what she believes is a flying saucer hovering over Ely Cathedral. The woman, who was walking her dog on Tuesday evening, sent us this footage last night and we immediately put it up on our website this morning (Ap
A WOMAN in Ely has taken phone footage of what she believes is a flying saucer hovering over Ely Cathedral.
The woman, who was walking her dog on Tuesday evening, sent us this footage last night and we immediately put it up on our website this morning (April 1).
A dog walker told us she was with her pet Labrador Massie down near to riverside when she looked up and saw an oval mass hovering over the cathedral.
"Maisie started quivering," the woman in her fifties told the Ely Standard, "and that's when I knew something was wrong."
You may also want to watch:
The resident took out her camera phone to capture this e once-in-a lifetime event and sent the result to the Ely Standard. "The result was a bit blurry," she said, "because by that time I was almost as nervous as Maisie. You certainly don't prepare yourself for that sort of thing - I'm a natural sceptic about the existence of extra-terrestrial life and had always poured scorn on the conspiracy theorists who thought we would all be beamed up into spaceships by 2010. However, it was soon clear that whatever the object was, it was not hostile, and it had obviously homed in on the cathedral as a major landmark for the area and I think that's rather nice. I go to evensong at the cathedral fairly regularly and am unsure about what the Church of England's view on alien life forms is, but the fact that they didn't do me, Maisie or that spectacular building any harm - so as far as I'm concerned - if they are aliens, they are welcome on my planet."
The Ely Standard managed to track down another passer-by who was locking up his shop when he heard a noise.
- 1 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 4 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 5 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 6 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 7 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 8 COLUMN: 'Expansion' the future for Ely rowing club
- 9 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 10 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
"I was locking up when I noticed it," he told us. "To be honest, I thought it was another one of those American spy planes off the telly, but once I went down the pub and spoke to a few of the lads - they all saw this bright light reflecting off it and we can't all be off our trolleys.