Woman taken to hospital after aga fire at house in Black Bank Road, Little Downham

Woman taken to hospital after aga fire at house in Black Bank Road, Little Downham

Woman taken to hospital after aga fire at house in Black Bank Road, Little Downham - Credit: Archant

A woman was taken to hospital with smoke inhalation after a blocked flume led to a house fire in Little Downham.

Crews from Littleport and Ely were called at 1.28am today to the house in Black Bank Road where smoke was issuing from an Aga.

Firefighters used a hose reel to dampen the aga down before returning to their station at 2.55am.

The smoke was caused by a blocked fume, sending the smoke back down into the Aga said Cambs Fire.

A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service reminded people not to let soot and ash build up in flumes as it causes blockages.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter