Woman pays tribute to late grandfather ‘Pops’ by creating her own business
- Credit: Archant
A woman has paid tribute to her late grandfather by creating her own business in his memory.
Kristis Prior was left with money from her grandfather, known as ‘Pops’, who died last month and has decided to set up a wax melts business called Pops Melts, where she makes her own items.
Kristis, from Soham but now lives in Chelmsford, has also been working alongside brain tumour charity BrainsTrust while juggling her full-time job.
“Everyone knew my grandfather as Pops and it’s a tribute to him as well as something I enjoy doing,” she said.
“When my nana died, I did a parachute jump to raise money for BrainsTrust and I am working with them again by donating 50 per cent of the profits of a special melt, Gin and Tonic, my grandfather’s favourite drink.”
You may also want to watch:
Kristis has launched a website and also conducted market research for her business, as well as selling out in the first two weeks of opening, as she hopes to play her part for her chosen charity.
She added: “BrainsTrust are supporting me and I really hope to raise as much money as possible for them.”
For more information, visit https://www.popsmelts.co.uk/.
- 1 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 2 Potamogeton Trichoides has the last word on £6.5m Mepal crematorium
- 3 Car hits A14 barrier near Newmarket
- 4 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 5 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 6 Gin could be just the tonic needed for dilapidated farm buildings
- 7 Spat at police officer tests positive for Covid-19
- 8 Viewers react to 'brilliant' 24 Hours in Police Custody: Black Widow
- 9 Dad of two killed on Fen road
- 10 Village’s community Co-op will open next month after New Year delays