Woman pays tribute to late grandfather ‘Pops’ by creating her own business
- Credit: Archant
A woman has paid tribute to her late grandfather by creating her own business in his memory.
Kristis Prior was left with money from her grandfather, known as ‘Pops’, who died last month and has decided to set up a wax melts business called Pops Melts, where she makes her own items.
Kristis, from Soham but now lives in Chelmsford, has also been working alongside brain tumour charity BrainsTrust while juggling her full-time job.
“Everyone knew my grandfather as Pops and it’s a tribute to him as well as something I enjoy doing,” she said.
“When my nana died, I did a parachute jump to raise money for BrainsTrust and I am working with them again by donating 50 per cent of the profits of a special melt, Gin and Tonic, my grandfather’s favourite drink.”
You may also want to watch:
Kristis has launched a website and also conducted market research for her business, as well as selling out in the first two weeks of opening, as she hopes to play her part for her chosen charity.
She added: “BrainsTrust are supporting me and I really hope to raise as much money as possible for them.”
For more information, visit https://www.popsmelts.co.uk/.
- 1 'I feel alive for the first time': Slimmer lost half his body weight in lockdown
- 2 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 6 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 7 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 8 Matt’s 46-day charity cycle from Burwell to Istanbul raises over £2,000
- 9 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 10 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze