Woman, in her 60s, suffers ‘serious abdominal injuries’ after head-on collision between van and car on A10, Littleport
- Credit: Archant
A woman in her 60s has been flown to Addenbrooke’s Hospital with serious injuries after she was involved in a head-on crash on the A10 near Littleport.
The incident happened this morning (May 18) on Lynn Road, Littleport at around 7am – paramedics, fire service and police were at the scene.
A spokesman for Magpas said: “We had been called to treat a woman who had been seriously injured in a collision between a car and a van.
“The Magpas enhanced medical team assessed the patient (in her 60’s) who had sustained serious abdominal injuries.
“They sedated the woman at the scene (providing her with A&E level care) before airlifting her to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, where she was in a critical condition upon arrival.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: “This was a collision between a van and a car reported at 7am in Lynn Road, Littleport.
“A woman who was travelling in the car suffered serious injuries and has been airlifted to Addenbrooke’s Hospital. Two people in the van were minor injuries.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 9 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 10 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
“Road closed at Downham Market and Littleport ends. We would ask motorists to avoid the area please.”