Woman Dies After Being Hit By Train
A WOMEN has died after she was hit by a train in Littleport on Wednesday (May 27) The unidentified womenwas hit by the 2.56pm King s Lynn to Kings Cross train on the Sandhills Level Crossing near the Black Horse Pub in Victoria Street. British Transport P
A WOMAN has died after she was hit by a train in Littleport on Wednesday (May 27)
The unidentified woman was hit by the 2.56pm King's Lynn to Kings Cross train on the Sandhills Level Crossing near the Black Horse Pub in Victoria Street.
British Transport Police were called to the scene at around 3.30pm along with paramedic and fire crews.
A witness who was in the pub at the time of the incident said: "As far as we know a women just threw herself in front of the train.
You may also want to watch:
"A couple were just leaving the pub at the time that it happened and they rushed back in to tell us what had happened, it seemed very bad and put a real downer on the day."
The Coroners' Office for North and East Cambridgeshire, confirmed that a post mortem on the dead women will be carried out in the next few days.
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 3 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 4 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 7 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’
- 8 Three hare coursers - with three children and three dogs in car - fined for damaging crops
- 9 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 10 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000