Woman Dies After Being Hit By Train
A WOMEN has died after she was hit by a train in Littleport on Wednesday (May 27) The unidentified womenwas hit by the 2.56pm King s Lynn to Kings Cross train on the Sandhills Level Crossing near the Black Horse Pub in Victoria Street. British Transport P
A WOMAN has died after she was hit by a train in Littleport on Wednesday (May 27)
The unidentified woman was hit by the 2.56pm King's Lynn to Kings Cross train on the Sandhills Level Crossing near the Black Horse Pub in Victoria Street.
British Transport Police were called to the scene at around 3.30pm along with paramedic and fire crews.
A witness who was in the pub at the time of the incident said: "As far as we know a women just threw herself in front of the train.
"A couple were just leaving the pub at the time that it happened and they rushed back in to tell us what had happened, it seemed very bad and put a real downer on the day."
The Coroners' Office for North and East Cambridgeshire, confirmed that a post mortem on the dead women will be carried out in the next few days.
- 1 Taxi firm introduce ‘hangover recovery kits’ during Christmas party season
- 2 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 3 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 4 Government clearance needed for £200,000 year role for Eileen
- 5 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 6 Busy road near RAF Lakenheath reopens after five-vehicle crash
- 7 Council's plea to protect East Cambs from Covid-19 this Christmas
- 8 Neighbour and PCSO prevent £4,000 fraud
- 9 Frying High! National honours for Ely at potato awards
- 10 'She will be sorely missed' - Rev Teresa retires