Woman Dies After Being Hit By Train
A WOMEN has died after she was hit by a train in Littleport on Wednesday (May 27) The unidentified womenwas hit by the 2.56pm King s Lynn to Kings Cross train on the Sandhills Level Crossing near the Black Horse Pub in Victoria Street. British Transport P
A WOMAN has died after she was hit by a train in Littleport on Wednesday (May 27)
The unidentified woman was hit by the 2.56pm King's Lynn to Kings Cross train on the Sandhills Level Crossing near the Black Horse Pub in Victoria Street.
British Transport Police were called to the scene at around 3.30pm along with paramedic and fire crews.
A witness who was in the pub at the time of the incident said: "As far as we know a women just threw herself in front of the train.
You may also want to watch:
"A couple were just leaving the pub at the time that it happened and they rushed back in to tell us what had happened, it seemed very bad and put a real downer on the day."
The Coroners' Office for North and East Cambridgeshire, confirmed that a post mortem on the dead women will be carried out in the next few days.
- 1 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 4 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 5 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 6 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 7 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 8 COLUMN: 'Expansion' the future for Ely rowing club
- 9 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 10 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments