Woman Dies After Being Hit By Train
A WOMEN has died after she was hit by a train in Littleport on Wednesday (May 27) The unidentified womenwas hit by the 2.56pm King s Lynn to Kings Cross train on the Sandhills Level Crossing near the Black Horse Pub in Victoria Street. British Transport P
A WOMAN has died after she was hit by a train in Littleport on Wednesday (May 27)
The unidentified woman was hit by the 2.56pm King's Lynn to Kings Cross train on the Sandhills Level Crossing near the Black Horse Pub in Victoria Street.
British Transport Police were called to the scene at around 3.30pm along with paramedic and fire crews.
A witness who was in the pub at the time of the incident said: "As far as we know a women just threw herself in front of the train.
You may also want to watch:
"A couple were just leaving the pub at the time that it happened and they rushed back in to tell us what had happened, it seemed very bad and put a real downer on the day."
The Coroners' Office for North and East Cambridgeshire, confirmed that a post mortem on the dead women will be carried out in the next few days.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 3 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 4 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 5 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 6 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 7 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 8 10-year-old's sponsored hair cut for Little Princess Trust
- 9 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 10 Handcuffed duo prepare to make London Marathon history