Woman ‘cut from car’ and flown to hospital following two-vehicle head on collision in Cambridgeshire
- Credit: Archant
The air ambulance flew a woman to hospital after her car collided head on with another on the A10 this morning (May 18).
The female casualty had to be cut free from her car by firefighters after crews arrived at the scene in Littleport – the road is still closed by police.
Cambs Travel News tweeted: “A10 Lynn Road, “Littleport - the road is now CLOSED due to the RTC. Please avoid if possible.”
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: “We were called at about 7am to an incident involving two vehicles - a car and a van.
“We’re still on the scene dealing with it along with fire and ambulance at this time.”
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue said: “At 6.59am one crew from Littleport and one crew from Ely were called to a road traffic collision on the A10 near Littleport.
“Firefighters arrived to two vehicles had collided head on.
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 Girl, 7, left heartbroken after beloved rabbits are stolen
- 3 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 4 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 5 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 6 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 7 Hand clinic offering additional type of treatment for arthritis sufferers
- 8 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 9 Princess Anne visits Wisbech's new Citizens Advice Bureau on Cambs trip
- 10 Motorcyclist caught ‘speeding over 100mph’ past police near Ely
“Using specialist cutting equipment they released one female casualty who was taken to hospital by air ambulance.
“The crews returned to their stations by 9am.”
• More as we get it