Woman ‘cut from car’ and flown to hospital following two-vehicle head on collision in Cambridgeshire
- Credit: Archant
The air ambulance flew a woman to hospital after her car collided head on with another on the A10 this morning (May 18).
The female casualty had to be cut free from her car by firefighters after crews arrived at the scene in Littleport – the road is still closed by police.
Cambs Travel News tweeted: “A10 Lynn Road, “Littleport - the road is now CLOSED due to the RTC. Please avoid if possible.”
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: “We were called at about 7am to an incident involving two vehicles - a car and a van.
“We’re still on the scene dealing with it along with fire and ambulance at this time.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue said: “At 6.59am one crew from Littleport and one crew from Ely were called to a road traffic collision on the A10 near Littleport.
“Firefighters arrived to two vehicles had collided head on.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
“Using specialist cutting equipment they released one female casualty who was taken to hospital by air ambulance.
“The crews returned to their stations by 9am.”
• More as we get it