Witnesses sought to street robbery
WITNESSES are being sought by police to a robbery and assault by two men in Littleport.The victim was making his way home from the Crown pub in Ely Road, when he was attacked by the two men who assaulted him several times before demanding his wallet. He
WITNESSES are being sought by police to a robbery and assault by two men in Littleport.
The victim was making his way home from the Crown pub in Ely Road, when he was attacked by the two men who assaulted him several times before demanding his wallet. He was forced to hand over £10 and six US dollars to the attackers before they fled in the direction of Littleport town centre.
Both attackers were described as white. One, aged 17 to 18, was six feet to six feet two inches tall, of medium build with sandy blond hair short at the back and sides. He was wearing a dark coloured zip-up style tracksuit jacket and white trainers.
The second attacker was five feet seven inches to five eight inches tall, aged 15 to 17 with a similar hairstyle to the first attacker, and was also wearing a dark coloured zip-up style tracksuit jacket.
You may also want to watch:
PC Terry Bandoo, who is investigating the attack, which occurred on August 13 between 1am and 1.15 am, said: "I would appeal to anyone who remembers being in the area at the time and who saw the incident, or anything suspicious, to contact me. I'm particularly interested in tracing the driver of a small black hatchback style vehicle which stopped at the scene during the incident.
Anyone with information should contact PC Bandoo at Ely Police Station on 0845 456 456 4, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 5 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 6 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
- 7 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 8 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 9 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 10 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series