With a new owner, new refurbishment and a new name, everything at Thyme St Mary’s florist in Ely is looking rosey
- Credit: Archant
A florist in Ely is celebrating a new lease of life.
Garden Gate Flowers, on St Mary’s Street, has been taken over by florist Skye McGuinness – and the mother of three has revamped and re-named the shop, which is now known as Thyme on St Mary’s.
As well as a full make-over, Skye has invested in a new range of products, additional florists and delivery services.
And now she is all settled in, Skye is excited to get going in the city.
She said: “Having lived in Ely for over four years now I am very excited to be building the Thyme on St Mary’s business.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m very lucky to have some fantastic local florists in the shop and feedback so far has been very encouraging.”
Skye also enlisted the help of local interior designer, Chanelle Rains, to help her with her vision for the interior of her new shop.
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
“Chanelle said: “We wanted to create a more inclusive and enjoyable experience for the customer which I hope people will appreciate when they see the new lay-out.”
The Cambridgeshire branch of Chanelle’s firm, Gramlick Designs, will also be based at Thyme St Mary’s.