With a new owner, new refurbishment and a new name, everything at Thyme St Mary’s florist in Ely is looking rosey
- Credit: Archant
A florist in Ely is celebrating a new lease of life.
Garden Gate Flowers, on St Mary’s Street, has been taken over by florist Skye McGuinness – and the mother of three has revamped and re-named the shop, which is now known as Thyme on St Mary’s.
As well as a full make-over, Skye has invested in a new range of products, additional florists and delivery services.
And now she is all settled in, Skye is excited to get going in the city.
She said: “Having lived in Ely for over four years now I am very excited to be building the Thyme on St Mary’s business.
“I’m very lucky to have some fantastic local florists in the shop and feedback so far has been very encouraging.”
Skye also enlisted the help of local interior designer, Chanelle Rains, to help her with her vision for the interior of her new shop.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 3 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 4 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 5 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 6 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 7 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 8 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 9 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 10 Yarn-bombing returns to city ahead of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
“Chanelle said: “We wanted to create a more inclusive and enjoyable experience for the customer which I hope people will appreciate when they see the new lay-out.”
The Cambridgeshire branch of Chanelle’s firm, Gramlick Designs, will also be based at Thyme St Mary’s.