Witchford youngsters get active to support Sport Relief
- Credit: Archant
Children at Rackham Primary School in Witchford got physical for Sports Relief with some clocking up 10 miles of running in one afternoon.
The school held a variety of events throughout the week that saw all the children take part in the Sport Relief mile running laps around the school field.
Miss Louise Crawley, the school’s PE co-ordinator, said: “All the pupils took part, some were so enthusiastic they managed to run 10 miles in one afternoon, which was great - I wish I had their energy.
“The whole week has left the children buzzing, it was brilliant fun.”
The week culminated with all the children dressing up as their favourite sports personalities, or in their favourite sport’s kit including two who dressed as ballerinas for the day.
You may also want to watch:
A total of £277.60 was raised for the BBC backed charity/
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 Man found dead in March