Staff and students welcome new principal to Witchford Village College
- Credit: Archant
It has been all change at Witchford Village College (WVC) as they welcomed their new principal Daniel Baxby.
The school, near Ely, say that Mr Baxby brings “a wealth of experience” and a “track record of working in a number of rural secondary schools” with him.
Mr Baxby, who was appointed from Wrenn Academy in Wellingborough, said: “I am excited to be joining the WVC community, and I am looking forward to the work we have ahead of us.
“I am extremely grateful for the work that Rob Campbell and the Morris Trust have invested over the past few months supporting students and staff in what has been an uncertain period of time.”
Mr Baxby also plans to make the college “the school of choice in the local area” and “a key community facility and resource”.
You may also want to watch:
Applications for September 2018 can still be made to the college direct and all parents of Year 5 and 6 students next year are invited to an open evening on October 18.
For more information, visit: www.witchfordvc.co.uk
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 7 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 8 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 9 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor