Staff and students welcome new principal to Witchford Village College
- Credit: Archant
It has been all change at Witchford Village College (WVC) as they welcomed their new principal Daniel Baxby.
The school, near Ely, say that Mr Baxby brings “a wealth of experience” and a “track record of working in a number of rural secondary schools” with him.
Mr Baxby, who was appointed from Wrenn Academy in Wellingborough, said: “I am excited to be joining the WVC community, and I am looking forward to the work we have ahead of us.
“I am extremely grateful for the work that Rob Campbell and the Morris Trust have invested over the past few months supporting students and staff in what has been an uncertain period of time.”
Mr Baxby also plans to make the college “the school of choice in the local area” and “a key community facility and resource”.
You may also want to watch:
Applications for September 2018 can still be made to the college direct and all parents of Year 5 and 6 students next year are invited to an open evening on October 18.
For more information, visit: www.witchfordvc.co.uk
- 1 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 2 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 3 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
- 4 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 5 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 6 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 7 Friendship and dating agency gets £114,000 funding boost
- 8 Campaigning for those excluded from government Covid support
- 9 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 10 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer