Witchford Village College delighted after opening new IT facility as part of refurbishment project
- Credit: WVC
A new IT facility – known as The Hub – has opened at Witchford Village College, complete with 66 computers and a ‘chill out’ area.
It is the latest innovation at the college which is undergoing refurbishment.
The college is part of the Morris Education Trust whose chief operating officer Fran Difranco opened the Hub ahead of an open evening.
A college spokesman said: "This increases the much needed IT facilities at the college and will future-proof the school moving forward."
The Hub includes a chill-out and collaborative space for students to share their ideas as part of much-needed repairs at the college.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added: "The new facility is part of an ongoing project at the college, including new maths classrooms and refurbished toilets being installed, as well as opening a new purpose-made library since the summer break."
If you'd like to look round the college there are two open days planned for this month.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
You can book for a tour on Monday 28 or Tuesday 29 from 9 to 11am or 11am to 1pm. Contact 01353 662053.