Alumni from Witchford Village College invited back to inspire current day students
- Credit: Archant
Former students from Witchford Village College are being asked to go back to the classroom to inspire current students.
The students past and present from the school in Manor Road, Witchford, have joined a programme run by the national education charity Future First which helps state schools and colleges to harness the talents and experience of alumni to support the current generation.
The former students will return to volunteer at assemblies and workshops designed to motivate young people and broaden their jobs horizons so they are more likely to be able to achieve a carer regardless of their background.
Fenland and East Cambridgeshire has been identified by the government as one of 12 opportunity areas.
The scheme will be funded by the government’s careers and enterprise company, set up to provide careers guidance and support for young people.
You may also want to watch:
Witchford Village College wants to contact former students in established careers and recent leavers in further education, alumni who live nearby and those who have moved away.
Matt Lent, chief executive officer of Future First, said: “Alumni help schools do this by acting as relatable positive role models.”
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
Juliet Martin, head of careers education, is waiting to hear from former students on firstname.lastname@example.org.